Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers in Baton Rouge
Federal criminal defense cases are different from State criminal cases. The federal rules of procedure are not flexible. The charges are usually difficult to challenge. And, the penalties are severe. Furthermore, the Government will expend tremendous resources in its attempt to obtain convictions. By the time you find out that you are under investigation in the Federal criminal justice system, the FBI, and Assistant US Attorney have been working for weeks, if not months, to build a case against you.
If you are a subject, or the target, of a federal investigation, or you have been charged with a federal crime, you need a serious and experienced federal criminal defense lawyer. You need a law firm with experience in fighting the government and bringing cases to trail in the federal system.
Our attorneys are experienced in handling the full range of federal criminal defense, including:
- White collar crimes – business fraud, bank fraud, securities fraud, tax fraud, etc.
- Firearms and weapons offenses – Possession of Firearm or Ammunition by convicted felon, Trafficking or transferring firearms without license, etc.
- Federal defense of drug charges, such as possession and trafficking
- Financial, drug, or criminal conspiracies
- Felonies involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco and Explosives (ATF); Department of Homeland Security; and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal defense of environmental crimes
- Federal defense of corporate crimes
- Federal defense of homicide and murder charges – including matters in which there is extensive forensic science evidence
- Federal Internet sex crimes – including possession of child pornography and internet crimes
If convicted of a federal crime, you will face strict penalties and limitations to your freedoms. More than likely, you will lose the right to possess firearms. And your voting rights. You will likely face obstacles when seeking employment or housing.
Our trial attorney, Jarrett Ambeau, has substantial federal criminal defense courtroom experience and will fight vigorously on your behalf. Hire someone with the willingness and experience to fight for you in the most difficult federal criminal defense circumstances – give us a call today.
Straightforward, Honest Communication
Over a Decade Volunteered Services as a Public Defender
Over 40 Jury Trials Handled to Verdict
Qualified Expert in Forensic DNA Interpretation