Zealous Defense for Prostitution for Clients in Baton Rouge, Gonzales, Prairieville, Livingston Parish, Assumption Parish, Ascension Parish, West Baton Rouge Parish, Zachary, LA & Beyond
Prostitution, or the act of performing sexual acts in exchange for money or other items of value or favors, is a serious crime in the State of Louisiana. “Prostitution,” in this sense, includes offense such as solicitation, inciting prostitution, and promoting prostitution through massage and/or pandering. In other words, those who engage in, promote, or solicit prostitution are subject to criminal penalties.
If you have been accused of or charged with any type of prostitution-related offense, The Ambeau Law Firm can help you understand your legal rights and options. Our Baton Rouge prostitution lawyers have been aggressively defending clients in Southern Louisiana since 2009; we have the experience, skills, and resources to fight for you.
Penalties for Prostitution in Louisiana
Prostitution is considered a sex crime in Louisiana and, therefore, carries strict penalties. As with most types of criminal charges, the circumstances surrounding the alleged incident will play a large role in the penalties you face.
Some of the penalties for prostitution in Louisiana include:
- First Offense: Up to six months in prison and up to $500 in fines
- Second Offense: Up to two years in prison (with or without hard labor) and $250 to $2,000 in fines
- Third or Subsequent Offense: Up to four years in prison (with or without hard labor) and $500 to $4,000 in fines
- Involving a Minor Under the Age of 14: 25 to 50 years in prison with hard labor and up to $75,000 in fines
- Involving a Minor Between the Ages of 14 and 17: 15 to 50 years in prison with hard labor and up to $50,000 in fines
The Ambeau Law Firm Can Fight for You & Your Rights
Our team has extensive experience representing individuals accused of prostitution and related offenses. We understand that these situations are rarely black and white and, no matter the specific circumstances you're up against, we are prepared to do everything in our power to ensure your rights are protected at every stage of the legal process.